We’ve run into a problem with your Office 365 subscription, and we need your help to fix it.
The above error is caused by cached windows credentials from a previous user on the device. Microsoft tells me this is a bug that they are in the beginning stages of fixing. That being said here is how you fix it.
- Login as the effected user and sign out of one of your office applications. Then close all office applications.
- Go into Windows Credentials manager using the control panel and remove all Generic credentials that are associated with office products.
- Open command prompt as an administrator and navigate to c:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Microsoft Office/office201X
- Run the following command cscript.exe ospp.vbs \dstatus this command will give you the last 5 digits of any active license on your computer.
- Check the CMD output making sure you get output saying <Product key uninstalled successful>
- Restart the computer and launch a windows app. Let the user login. This should fix the issue.